Decline, Nevada

“Hey, I found Joelle’s address in Nevada. I don’t know if it’s current, but the phone directory shows a Joelle Sutton in a place called Decline.”

“Who on earth would name a city Decline? That’s got to be a challenge for their tourism board.”

“I looked it up. It’s located on the side of a hill, and yes, before you say it, Incline would have been a much better name. Anyway, it’s too small for a tourism board. Twelve thousand residents at last census.”

“Oh, ugh,” Laurie said. “I have a hard and fast rule about not visiting any city with a population under half a million. If it’s not located in a coastal state, that figure goes up to a million.”

Nicola stared at him. “That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard,” she said.

“Nonsense. It’s a very good policy, and it’s served me well.”

In Bias Cut, Nicola Strozyk and Laurie Sparks head to Decline to search for Joelle Sutton. After Galen Ming tips Kip Caprini off to their search, Kip sends Jerry Palamara after them in an attempt to kill Laurie.

In Lonely Satellite, the Church of the Scorched Earth is located right about where Decline would be.